Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Octopus Evil Doers

Here are more characters I did for "From Russia With Love". These fine gentelmen are part of an evil organization known as OCTOPUS (not sure if that's what they ended being called in the game or not), created just for FRWL. They were supposed to be S.P.E.C.T.R.E. henchmen from the Bond films, but there was some sort of legal issue that prevented them from doing that. Anyway the guy on the left is a "Gun Soldier", the guy on the middle is the "Comander", and the fella on the right is a "Sniper". I've found that often times Character design for video games can be kind of funny ,mostly for secondary characters. A game designer or art director might tell you to "make him a soldier that fits within a certain time period with handguns, and a greandade strapped to his belt for the hero to shoot" and that's all you 've got to go on. So you've really got to fill in the blanks. Sometimes it feels like "cannon fodder design" instead of "character design" Cannon Fodder, or Character, I friggin' love drawing this crap. Love it..................... Devil horns!!!!!!!! Yeah!!

7 comments:

Annie Fix said...

These guys a friggin' sick, converse and all! I love the distinct facial feature design, and how you've integrated each so well with the different body types and stances. Way to go! I can't wait to see more!

The Pencil Box said...

Shit Yeah bro,
Aren't these rabble rousers, or at least trouble #2 the one used for a tv promo ala BOND game? Dig em the second time round. Kix Axe. dub.

Bruce Glidewell said...

These are dope Colin. Those Converse are sweet. I like how Anne is comenting like she's never seen them before. Ha ha. I agree 100% with her.

Very cool!

BKO said...

Dude!! I love the dress slacks and sneaker look for the sniper!!! A little business casual? If he was a hairstyle he would be a mullet!! Business up front party in the ,.. whatever. Keep'em coming I know you have alot more!!!

Anonymous said...

You have been busy, the whole blog is awsome.

Lorraine LeBer Rocha said...

These guys are doper than a black key on a piano. You're always posting sweet stuff, mister! I especially love the sniper's hat/mask. I wonder if it comes in my size?

yanmaneee said...

supreme outlet
golden goose sneakers
longchamp outlet
kyrie 5
hermes handbags
hermes
off-white
ralph lauren uk
cheap jordan shoes
golden goose