Sunday, July 23, 2006

Christmas in July

Since it's been so retard hot latey, I thought it'd be nice to post a snowy christmas piece. I did this illustration a while ago for Planet Moon Studio's PSP game "Infected". The top image is the final version that I like. The one the client liked (not posted) and used for marketing had a big red santa nose, his mouth was more closed and had big boots, as well as having less stylized porportions. I've also included the origianl sketch done with india ink, white out, an maybe some acrylic paint, but I don't even friggin' remember.

7 comments:

Annie Fix said...

I love these, mister! And it's nice to see a lil' bit o' your process too...

and just looking at these images help me feel cooler already! Yeah, snowy Christmas!

Bruce Glidewell said...

Nice paintings dude, Although very disturbing. I will never wait up for Santa again.

SCARY :(

Dave McNeal said...

Man you got some real inspiring work lately. Thanks for sharing.

The Pencil Box said...

My jingle balls are all a tingle winterball style...cause of this cool "hit em back winter style." Let's just say, you don't want to ask where the frost bites and what jack frost is nippin at. Great work CF!- WP

Andrew Glazebrook said...

This is just fantasic !!! If not a bit disturbing !!

Cole Higgins said...

I would shoot the HELL out of that... Really great piece.

Ron Bowman said...

That top piece works on so many levels! Truly terrifying and so well done!